A few years ago I was on the hunt for the perfect meatball & spaghetti recipe when I stumbled upon an amazing recipe on Allrecipes.com called Meatball Nirvana. The recipe was the perfect mix of traditional meatball deliciousness with a kick of spice. I was instantly in love! Sadly the meatball recipe took much more time than I usually have when cooking for my family. On most nights I’m lucky to throw together spaghetti sauce after work if we’re being honest. One night I decided to try something a little crazy and mix together the meatball recipe and my spaghetti sauce to create a quick and delicious sauce. It’s was delicious and hence my own version of the recipe was born.
Ingredients you’ll need from the Meatball Nirvana Recipe (I made some adjustments):
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
A few dashes of Frank’s RedHot sauce
And a few items I added:
Can of tomato sauce
Crushes tomatoes (if you like chunky sauce which I don’t.)
Now, let’s put it together!
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Drain the meat and put it back in the skillet.
- While cooking the meat on low heat mix in the sea salt, onto powder, garlic salt, italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes and RedHot sauce.
- Mix the seasoned ground beef with the Ragu sauce and tomato sauce.
- Allow to simmer until your hunger gets the best of you.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles… thin whole wheat ones are my favorite!
If you love a full flavor spaghetti sauce with a little kick then this will be your new go to recipe. If you have little people in your house be cautious of how spicy you make it with the red pepper flakes and hot sauce!