I, Autumn, absolutely LOVE snack and party food. I was first introduced to cowboy salsa in high school and was instantly addicted. Cowboy salsa is easy to make, takes just a few ingredients and is absolutely delicious. It’s a great snack to take to a party or just munch on while watching TV! (Ignore the fact that these are Instagram shots and the cans are opened, I’d already poured everything in my bowl when I decided to blog this!)
Yum…. Doesn’t this look delicious?
Okay, so ingredients you’ll need are…
- 2 Cans of White Shoepeg Corn
- 2 Cans of Black Beans
- 2 Cans of Rotel Tomatos
- Italian Dressing (I like Wishbone brand the best)
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro (optional)
Are you ready for directions? I don’t think you are…
- Rinse and drain your black beans, pour into a bowl.
- Rinse and drain your shoepeg corn, pour into the bowl. (Don’t get regular corn. Splurge on the shoepeg. It really tastes better than plain old corn!)
- Drain your Rotel, pour into the bowl.
- Add your italian dressing. I generally do half a bottle but it’s really up to you!
- Mix it all up.
- Top with cilantro. (Totally optional. I always forget to buy cilantro!)
That’s it!! Finally, let it chill in the fridge for an hour and then serve with tortilla chips! The longer you let it set, the better it gets! The recipe makes a pretty good portion but you can always cut the recipe in half for a single serving. Enjoy!!